Plan expired and I fell into a variable rate plan.OK - my bad; had family healthy and job issues going on at the time.

initiated a switch to scana on 2/1/15. GNG Sales rep called to retain my business on 2/16 just prior to the actual switch. He said I'd save money because the lower rate would go into effect immediately if I stayed. Scana would have started on 3/1, but was billed a variable rate of 1.059 until the next meter reading on 3/13/15.

This resulted in another $200+ bill. I was offered a $25 credit for a bill that was $100 more because I stayed with GNG.

I made a partial payment and sent several emails to customer service. I paid the current service amount for the next month. They cut off my service anyway.

I spent 2 days trying to get them to fix the situation to no avail. They offered another $25 + the $20 of late fees as credit. At this point I had no hot water for 2 days already. I asked to speak with a manager that could do something.

They gave a # for corporate which went to voice mail. Called cust service the next day and waited 15 min to get to a manager. She had someone from corporate call me back. At this point I had already filed a better business bureau complaint.

Eventually my call was returned. I thought I was talking to a manager. I later found out the rude woman was an analyst. I did not hear back by 3:45pm and called again.

She returned my call and insisted they didn't lie; the rate was changed immediately; it just doesn't take effect until the next month. she said they could bill me for the reconnect fee & put me on a payment plan for the disputed amount. REALLY!! after they cut off my service and lied to me.

At this point she admitted she was not a manager and told me one would contact me back, but it was likely to be Monday since it was already after 5pm. So no gas all weekend. I switched back to scana.

But will have to fight GNG on the termination fee.

lisamew wrote the review because of poor customer service at Georgia Natural Gas. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $280 and wants Georgia Natural Gas to issue a full refund.

The most disappointing in user's experience was lies, misrepresentation, run around and poor customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Georgia Natural Gas gas service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Georgia Natural Gas?

Comments